Search This Blog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

35mm Underwater Camera Short Review



Price: RM29.90

Today I bought a 35mm Underwater / Waterproof Camera from S & J at Sunway Pyramid. I consider this as cheap because I have seen e-shops selling the exact same item for over RM50. Full House Restaurants sells for Rm75. This is the first time I write a review and eventhough I love cameras, I'm nowhere near professional, so please pardon my mistakes if I make any. The comments are very generic.

Features (as written on the packaging):
* Focus Free
* 28mm f/9.0 Picture taking lens
* Easy film loading system
* Thumb-Wheel Film Advance System
* Wrist Strap Included
* Detachable Waterproof Casing

Yellow Camera

1. The counter is not accurate because I only took 3 pictures and it shows 6. If you have never used a film camera before, if you wind the film forward, the thumb-wheel freezes when it reaches the next frame. In order to unfreeze the wheel you have to press the shutter button (take a picture).

In this case, unlike the previous film cameras that I used before, the winding period takes very long. It takes muuuuchhhh longer with the clear casing on! If I were to bring it for theme park outing, I would have lost the moment that I want to capture and get a sore thumb instead.

2. The viewfinder is very clear. Obviously no fungus or haze as it is new. Whether the pictures come out exactly like what I saw in viewfinder is another thing. I will post the updates as soon as I get the film developed.

3. The lens is clear and looks promising. We shall see the result later.

Update:
19 April 2011
The thumb-wheel stuck, I couldn't roll the film nor I can get the shutter button to work. Shucks. I went back for an exchange. The shopkeeper was very polite and friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment